4 chicken breasts—halves, boneless, skinless
1/4 C (60 ml) flour—for dredging
1/4 C (60 ml) Canola oil
1/3 C (80 ml) shallots—finely chopped
2 cloves garlic–minced
½ C (120 ml) heavy cream
¼ C (60 ml) Sherry
1 1/2 T (22.5 ml) fresh tarragon leaves—if fresh is not available use 1/2 T (7.5 ml) dry tarragon
½ C (120 ml) demi-glace—if you don’t have it use chicken broth
salt & ground black pepper
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Preheat non-stick frying pan and oil.
- Lightly brown chicken breast on both sides.
- Remove from frying pan and add the finely chopped shallots, sauté until transparent.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute with shallots.
- Deglaze frying pan with the sherry, deglaze and stir until residue is dissolved.
- Add demi-glace or chicken broth bring to a boil.
- Return chicken breasts to frying pan, add tarragon, and cream, let simmer, covered for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer onto platter